Are you interested in selling your sports cards? Whether you have a single card you've held onto since you were a kid, or a full collection that is now in your hands, Just Collect is buying! We'll walk you through our safe and easy buying process. So, to answer that question: What are we buying?
If this is your first time visiting our blog, we at Just Collect welcome you! If you’re a loyal reader, you’re already aware that Just Collect has been buying vintage sports card collections for well over a decade. We realize that some people may still wonder what exactly is Just Collect is looking to purchase.
If you just dug out your Michael Jordan rookie card that has been tucked away since your collecting days as a kid - yes, Just Collect is buying!
Perhaps you recently inherited a whole collection of cards and you simply aren't a card collector- yes, Just Collect is buying!
Your neighbor played four seasons for the Yankees and you bought something at his yard sale - yes, Just Collect is buying!
What else is Just Collect buying? Well, let’s take a look:
THE JUST COLLECT BUY LIST
- Vintage Baseball Card Set List
- 1886 to 1975
- Topps, Bowman, Leaf, Drakes, and Tobacco cards
- Premiums paid PSA and SGC graded sets
- Top dollar paid for truly NM/MT or MINT sets
We have an awesome, user-friendly tool on our website that displays all of the vintage baseball sets and prices we're offering. We also have a search bar that allows you to type in the set you're looking for!
This is what the tool looks like:
Have any cards that look like these above? We recently heard from a collector in West Virginia that found an album full of cards while cleaning the attic of a home that he purchased and was renovating. Inside the album were many T-206 tobacco cards from 1909 - 1911 and included key names of the sport, including a rare Shoeless Joe 1909 E-90-1 American Caramel. Don't overlook your attic! Wish my attic had more than an Atari and my old Oshkosh B'gosh overalls from when I was 8. Check out the incredible story of the attic baseball card find here.
The card above is a 1966 Topps Mickey Mantle card; we love buying Mickey Mantle cards. Last week, Just Collect purchased three different complete baseball sets from the 1960's that you can read about here. Every set had a Mick! That's my favorite thing about Just Collect buying vintage baseball cards: the range of years. In the same week, we could take in a set from 1909 and a set from 1969.
HERE IS THE FULL VINTAGE BASEBALL CARD SET BUYING LIST.
- Vintage Basketball Card Set List
- Sets from years 1948 to 1988
Just like the baseball buying list, we will pay a premium for PSA or SGC graded sets, as well as NM to Mint sets.
If you're wondering why the vintage basketball set list is shorter than baseball, you'd be surprised to learn that from 1940 to 1968, only three mainstream basketball card sets were issued to the public. From 1948 to 1957, ZERO basketball card sets were made!
The 1957 set filled a huge void in the basketball card world and is a favorite of ours. The '57 set has the iconic Bill Russell rookie card pictured above! Check out a story here about that set we purchased a few weeks ago from a lady that intertied here step dad's cards and wanted to do great things with her new possessions - help local businesses.
Michael Jordan is the one basketball player you've heard of and if not, it's the one name you should remember when looking through your basketball cards. The card above is a 1986-87 Fleer rookie, and we're interested in all shapes and sizes of this bad boy. We have a full article about valuable Jordan cards for you to review right here.
HERE IS THE FULL VINTAGE BASKETBALL CARD SET BUYING LIST.
- Vintage Football Card Set List
- Sets from years 1935 to 1986
We're closing in on playoffs for this NFL season so football cards are sizzling in the market right now. One of our favorite vintage sets to buy is 1965 Topps which sports this cool Broadway Joe Namath rookie:
The 1965 Topps are noticeable because of their size, and as such are dubbed "Tall Boys." You can read about his set as we breakdown the uniqueness here.
A few years back, a collector in the Midwest spent his time amassing football cards with his grandfather: a superb lot of 1948 and 1949 Leaf cards. When the gentleman no longer desired to hold onto the vintage cards, he reached out here to Just Collect where we were ecstatic to make the deal. Our Vice President at Just Collect, Scott, has amassed one of the more thorough collections, including many variations of these Leaf cards. Here at Just Collect, we have specialists like Scott that are experts in vintage cards to help you through the selling process that we'll explain, too!
HERE IS THE FULL VINTAGE FOOTBALL CARD SET BUYING LIST.
- Vintage Hockey Card Set List
- Sets from years 1910 - 1986
One of our favorite stories about purchasing a hockey card collection involves a collector that had never sold any part of his sets before! Harold contacted Just Collect from Canada on our website and explained his cards that spanned a hundred years; we were very interested. Harold had three of the cards pictured below: a Wayne Gretzky rookie.
Harold's card rated a 5 on a scale to 10, but "The Great One" rookies are valuable in any shape and we'd love to hear from you if you have any to sell. If you're thinking about selling your cards for the first time, you should read Harold's story here.
Aside from the Gretzky rookie, here are a few cards from vintage hockey sets we're interested in:
- 1910 C56 Imperial Tobacco Art Ross
- 1911 C55 Imperial Tobacco Georges Vezina
- 1933 Ice Kings #33 Howie Morenz
- 1951 Parkhurst #4 Maurice Richard
- 1951 Parkhurst #61 Terry Sawchuk
- 1951 Parkhurst #66 Gordie Howe
- 1958 Topps #66 Bobby Hull
- 1966 Topps #35 Bobby Orr
HERE IS THE FULL VINTAGE HOCKEY CARD SET BUYING LIST.
HALL OF AFME SINGLE CARDS AND WE WANT TO BUY
Simple answer here: BUYING Hall of Fame rookie cards in ALL Sports! If you have a rookie card of a Hall of Fame player, we are very interested in hearing from you.
MODERN SINGLE CARDS AND WAX BOXES WE WANT TO BUY
This is where I fall in with you! Before blogging for Just Collect, I found the website through YouTube shows and ventured to the website. Baseball cards in the mid-80s and 90's were my joy, and I picked up basketball in the mid-90's. Thankfully, I held onto the 1996 Upper Deck basketball card wax boxes I found at Wal-Mart for $25 in High School. Had I not held onto those cards from school, my Kobe Bryant rookie cards wouldn't be in my collection, I wouldn't have found Just Collect, and you wouldn't be reading this blog! We're in the same boat; modern cards we want to sell.
Check your cards for any of the following:
- 1989 Upper Deck #1 Ken Griffey, Jr.
- 1993 SP #279 Derek Jeter
- 2001 Bowman Chrome #340 Albert Pujols
- 2006 Bowman Chrome #DP84 Clayton Kershaw
- 2009-2011 Mike Trout (most issues, especially Bowman Chrome)
- 2013 Bowman Chrome Draft Autographs #AJ Aaron Judge
- 2017 Bowman Chrome Autograph #CPARA Ronald Acuña, Jr
As well as sealed BASEBALL wax boxes and cases from:
- Topps Wax boxes and cases through 1986
- 1983-1985 Donruss sealed cases
- 1983-1985 Fleer sealed cases
- 1989 Upper Deck factory sealed cases
- 1992 Bowman factory sealed boxes and cases
- 1993 Upper Deck SP sealed boxes and cases
- 1993 to Present Bowman and Bowman Draft/Prospects factory sealed wax boxes and cases
- 1997 to Present Bowman Chrome sealed boxes and cases
- 2005 to Present Topps Traded/Updates/Highlights
- 1984 Star Company #101 Michael Jordan
- 1986 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan
- 1987 Fleer #59 Michael Jordan
- 1992-1998 Michael Jordan (limited inserts)
- 1996 Topps Chrome #138 Kobe Bryant
- 2003 Lebron James (most issues)
- 2007 Kevin Durrant (most higher end issues)
- 2009 Stephen Curry (most issues)
As well as sealed BASKETBALL wax boxes and cases from:
- Fleer Wax boxes and cases 1986-1989
- 1996 Topps Finest boxes and cases
- 1996 Topps Chrome boxes and cases
- Select boxes and cases 2003
- Select boxes and cases 2007
- Select boxes and cases 2009
- Most higher end boxes and cases from 2001 to present
- 1981 Topps Joe Montana
- 1984 Topps Dan Marino and John Elway
- 1986 Topps Jerry Rice
- 1998 Peyton Manning (most higher end issues)
- 2000 Tom Brady (most issues)
- 2005 Aaron Rodgers (most higher end issues)
As well as sealed FOOTBALL wax boxes and cases from:
- Topps Wax boxes and cases through 1988
- 1993 through 1997 Upper Deck SP factory sealed boxes and cases
- Select Boxes and cases 1998
- 1989 Score sealed cases
- Select Boxes and cases 2000
- Select Boxes and cases 2005
- Most higher end boxes and cases from 1995 to present
- 1979 Topps and OPC #18 Wayne Gretzky
- 1980 OPC #140 Ray Bourque
- 1981 OPC #289 Mark Messier
- 1985 Topps and OPC #9 Mario Lemieux
- 1986 OPC #53 Patrick Roy
- 2005 Sidney Crosby (most issues)
- 2005 Alexander Ovechkin (most higher end issues)
- 2015 Connor McDavid (most issues)
- 2016 Auston Matthews (most higher end issues)
As well as sealed HOCKEY wax boxes and cases from:
- OPC Wax boxes and cases through 1988
- Topps Wax boxes and cases through 1989
- Select 2005 boxes and cases
- Select 2015 boxes and cases
You'll noticed our modern cards do not have the special tool like sets do on our website to tell you the buying price. With modern cards, the values fluctuate daily! We don't want to put an offer on our site today that could be far lower than the true value of the card by the time you see this. We're not here to short change you! For modern cards, we ask you to reach out to us here at Just Collect. How? Well, glad you asked.
READY TO SELL? REACH OUT JUST COLLECT NOW!
If you have any of the cards in this blog and want to sell your collection:
- We offer FREE appraisals HERE
- Learn how to PROTECT your cards HERE
- Shipping Tips for your cards HERE
FREE? Yes, FREE appraisals. While this line sounds like a bad infomercial, imagine going grocery shopping at a store without knowing what you're looking for or how much it costs. The employees don't charge you to tell you which aisle to look in, right? Finding cards from your youth or being given a collection is just like that shopping trip - you don't know what you have or how much it's worth. Like the fine employees at your Aldi, we're not going to charge you to value your collection.
One of the best features we offer for an appraisal is to SHIP your cards to us! Safety is important to us! With safety and travel restrictions being an issue during the Covid pandemic, we want to provide the safest and easiest way for you to sell your cards. We also know it takes forever to send photos of each card if you're looking to sell a full set or collection. If you choose to mail your cards, we will evaluate your cards for FREE still. If you choose not to sell the cards, we will ship them back shipping fees paid by us!
Still unsure? Reach out to us ANY TIME! Especially if you are actually neighbors with a former Yankee; we want to hear about that...
Plenty of ways to reach out to us: